Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas cookies and tra la las

A lot of the blogs that I follow have been posting pictures of the awesome Christmas cookies they've been baking. Just thought I'd show off the ballin' cookies I made last night.



Talent, I know. If you want the recipe, just ask.

Last Thursday evening, I took a free earring making class at the Garden of Beadin', a downtown bead supply store. It was actually amazing. There were 5 of us and the teacher. We made 4 different styles of earrings, but we got to choose the beads used ourselves. I learned so much, and in just two hours. For my supplies, including all the sterling silver pieces of the earrings and the beads i chose my total with tax came to $34 for 5 pairs.

Here they are (I'm so proud!):
(sorry about the shit photos, hence why I am asking for a new camera this christmas...)






These are my favorite and they were a very popular design with my classmates....you can't see them well especially in this picture but I thought it looked rather artsy so I put it in.



I got a compliment on them today from a girl working at Aldo, and got the crazy idea that I may go entrepreneur with this...if anyone is interested I feel confident I could make a What-On-Earth-esk earring, for a fraction of the price that they sell and to whatever specifications you may prefer!

I can't find the 4th style pair..I put them somewhere because they're going to be a present for my momma. I hope they're not too far...:|

Here is the list of classes for the rest of the month. Our teacher mentioned they wouldn't be free anymore after Christmas, so if you are interested think about going to one of these!





I will be at the class Monday evening 7pm - Wire basics. You make two pairs of earrings, a bracelet and get to wire wrap a pendant. In this class, they teach you how to make all the components as well, so you don't have to buy pre-made earring hooks or loops and such. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

really too much talent for cookies!! i love them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...