Thursday, June 2, 2011

Today it is Thursday, Thursday

Well folks, let’s add this little gem to our collection:


Ya. Sweet. Found two of them scuttling innocently, trapped at the bottom of one of our larger bowls in the cupboard. Gross.

Grosser: Scott picked the bowl up looked in it, said ew, put it back on the shelf. I watched him do this not bothering to ask. I didn’t find the bugs until the next day :| Ya. Sweet.

In other news, I had my second fun filled Port Hawkesbury weekend. Friday, Scott took us to the fire hall for some pool. Saturday we drank our faces off. I have numerous purple bruises covering my arms and torso. Scott’s a biter. Guess I got off lucky, Jordon found one on his ass. We went out…to Dooley’s. Just the same there was a ton of people there. (And by ton I mean most I’ve seen so far in one place in PH other than Wal-Mart)

Bonus of being intoxicated: speaking to strangers just feels comfortable. Also, so far everyone in Port Hawkesbury has been extremely nice and welcoming. All I need to say is “I just moved here and I don’t know anyone” and they are all over you.

Also, I watched a girl fall down the stairs onto the pavement, sit up and light a cigarette. Sorta made my night.

The next day was kinda wonderful. After assembling in the living room we went to breakfast which was hangovertastic. We spent the rest of the afternoon outside on the lawn throwing various sports balls around, tanning (me) and playing board games. We went to see Bridesmaids and my abs still hurt from laughing.

This week has kinda flown by (I royally slacked on the blogger front). I finally couldn’t handle it anymore so I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen. Looks fucking fantastic. Jamie bought me ice cream. I got books from the library (thanks for the recommendations guys!). I am starting with The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood (so far so good) and I have Oryx and Crake(?) waiting at home. THANKS FOR BEING FREE LIBRARY. YOU MAKE MY LIFE.

Last night I was awaked by a large repeated flashing light in my mirror. It was sort of terrifying. Then I realized it was reflecting my window and the crazy lightening flashing every 5 seconds over the ocean. Then the thunder started rolling in. Then my window frames started pounding from the wind. I had both open, but the lightening was so frequent and close and the thunder so quick and loud that I was afraid to go near them to close them. Finally I had to cuz it started raining: both the newer outer screen glass and the older window pane. I was awake from at least 1 to 2:30am. I don’t remember the last time I was so irrationally scared. I wanted to sprint into Scott’s bedroom and huddle under his covers and let his laughing voice reassure me…and believe me I actually would have if I hadn’t known he was working the next morning at 6am. I thought about calling my mom (I’m such a baby!) but I didn’t want to wake her up either OR freak her out. I tried moving to the couch downstairs to see if it would be quieter but it wasn’t. And all the while the storm was still raging outside. I don’t know how my roommates didn’t wake up honestly. And I don’t know how we kept power the whole time. I was clutching my iTouch waiting for the lights to go out.

The sun is out and shining now, but I can see more dark purple rain clouds in the distance. Looks like we'll be in for another fun filled evening. I think I'm going to start taking NyQuil before I go to bed.

PS: 25. Eat corn on the cob

Thought this was neat! My parents, or someone, used to tell me God was bowling.

3 comments:

Wendy Lady said...

One of my favorite parts of drinking is all the random friends I make whom, were I sober, I would probably be too scared to talk to.

What's going on with Trey and I? God I wish I knew.

I'll have to check out Bridesmaids, I haven't really heard much about it but if you say it's funny, I'm hella watching it.

amyschmamey said...

EWE GROSS about the bug. :( I hate them.

He he he. watching drunk people is fun.

WhitneyA said...

saddest little poem ever at the end. but true to my style, i like it.

ps- i would have answered my phone <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...