Thursday, January 26, 2012

Favorite (and Healthy) Snacks!

Hey guys! I just wanted to share some of my favourite healthy snacks that I enjoy to keep me going.

Some of them seem obvious but when you are sitting there watching TV thinking, "I'm hungry...burger...I want chips." you just don't think about how delicious pineapple is. CUZ IT IS!!! Check back here and remember all these goodies and how tasty they are! And maybe even create a list for yourself to keep on the fridge or pinned in the cupboard at home. Every little thing helps!


First, there is fruit. My favorite easy snack fruits are:

tangerines
purple grapes
gala apples
pineapple
watermelon

I always try to keep fresh fruit on hand. If you don't have it in the house you WILL turn to that box of KD in the cupboard.

OK LETS BE HONEST FRUIT IS KINDA boring.

Let's move onto something more exciting...

Healthy Choice Fudge bars


These are surprisingly delicious and they are BIG. Only 2 Weight Watchers points each. FANTASTIC. So far I have only been able to find them at Costco.

If you are anything like me then you need...boundaries? I do well with snacks pre-packaged in appropriate serving sizes. Some of my favorites are:

Weight Watchers Popped Barbecue crisps. These are nommy and I like to eat them with a little Phili Light cream cheese. Doesn't even taste like you are eating a "health food". And isn't that really the ultimate goal here? AM I RIGHT.
Let's see what else, oh I also love Smartfood mini packs and Cheetos.


These kind of things are also great to stick in your bag when you are heading to school or the library to study. You'll be saved from buying that expensive treat at the Caf.

Weirdly, I quite enjoy diet sodas for treats! I never drank soda before in my house but I ate out so much I find myself missing it nowadays. I found myself looking for more exciting additions to the food I can eat and these sodas just spice it up a little. Zero points for diet sodas!

Diet sodas are also great to use for drink mix ;0 If you're having a fun girly night and y'all decide to indulge, instead of your regular chocolate treat try reaching for dark chocolate. It's no less fattening but it has much better health benefits. Avoid granola bars! They are just like eating chocolate bars, so bad for you!

Another delicious snack I like to make are SMOOTHIES! Fruit smoothies to be specific. My mom used to make these for me as a treat, and now I do the same for myself! I use frozen fruit (usually raspberries), skim milk, splenda and a tsp of vanilla extract. Mix it up until its relatively smooth and then yum yum delish. I like to eat it with a spoon!!

Some ideas I am looking to try are: apples and peanut butter, using fat free vanilla yogurt as a dip and possibly even mixing up veggies in my smoothies (as long as I can't taste them!).

What are some of your favorite healthy snack foods??? Share with me!!

2 comments:

WhitneyA said...

you listed almost all of mine haha

my other one is a 100 calorie bag of fits (awesomeeeee) with a little single serving low fat cheese which i break apart and have cheese and crackers. i am currently doing this now.

a. said...

depends on the time of day but if i need a little boost I have a

shake - 1 banana, almond milk, 1tbsp ground flaxseed, 1/4 cup oats(yup oats), and 1 scoop of protein powder

no bake little energy cookies - 1 cup oats, 1 cup coconut, 1/2 cup ground flaxseed, 1/4 to 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, 1/3 cup honey, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix well, chill for an hour and roll into balls.

smoothies - adding spinach to mixed berrie or blueberrie smoothies is great for nutrients and you cant taste the spinach ;)

Nut confections from the bulk barn (package)

fruit and veggies
veggies dipped in hummus
pita and hummus

a pita bread with salsa and a little grated cheese - broil for 3mins

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...